Ginger is one of the most beneficial and delicious spices we can use, with countless important medicinal properties that improve health in various ways.
It is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, which are responsible for its powerful healing qualities. Namely, 100 grams (about 3.5 ounces) of raw ginger has about:
- 80 calories
- 17.8 grams carbohydrates
- 1.8 grams protein
- 0.7 grams fat
- 2 grams dietary fiber
- 415 milligrams potassium (12 percent DV)
- 0.2 milligrams copper (11 percent DV)
- 0.2 milligrams manganese (11 percent DV)
- 43 milligrams magnesium (11 percent DV)
- 5 milligrams vitamin C (8 percent DV)
- 0.2 milligrams vitamin B6 (8 percent DV)
- 0.7 milligrams niacin (4 percent DV)
- 34 milligrams phosphorus (3 percent DV)
- 0.6 milligrams iron (3 percent DV)
Ginger also contains zinc, thiamin, calcium, pantothenic acid, and riboflavin..
Its anti-inflammatory effects treat muscle and joint pain, help in the case of osteoarthritis, and alleviate menstrual pain. Ginger is also a natural remedy against nausea and sickness, indigestion and stomach issues, and much more.
According to Rachael Link, MS, RD:
“The health benefits of ginger are well-documented and ginger has been used across the globe as a natural remedy for thousands of years due to its medicinal properties. In fact, ancient Chinese, Roman, Greek, Arabic and Sanskrit texts have all documented the use of ginger root to help improve health and well-being.
It can be found in fresh, ground or capsule form — or even as ginger essential oil — and it’s associated with an extensive list of ginger health benefits.
Research is just beginning to scrape the surface when it comes to the multitude of benefits associated with ginger root. From fighting infections to decreasing cholesterol and enhancing weight loss, it’s clear that adding ginger root to your diet could have a powerful effect on health.”
You can add this tasty spice to your tea, desserts, and meals, and reap all its benefits.
However, wouldn’t it be amazing to have an endless supply o ginger anytime you need, without having to go to the store?
It is simple and easy, and here is all you have to do:
- Buy ginger roots from a garden center or an online seed catalog, to avoid dangerous chemicals and pesticides
- Then, fill a wide and shallow pot with nutrient-rich potting soil
- Soak the ginger root in water overnight
- In the morning, place the ginger root in the soil, with its buds pointing upward, and make sure it is covered with 2 inches of soil
- Water it well, and place the pot in a warm area, but shaded from the sun
- Water the ginger frequently, using a spray bottle of water
- After a few weeks, you will notice the first shoots
- It is a low maintenance plant, and when you cut off a piece of the root, the rest will continue growing
Now you can enjoy the unique pungent taste and spicy aroma of ginger anytime you want, and use its beneficial effects to naturally boost your health!
If you would like to sign up to buy essential oils at a discount, message me or click here.
No sales required! No monthly minimums!