Who says KETO has to be blah? Not me. Some of my favorite foods in the world are KETO, like CHEESE! And fettuccini! Just Kidding. Fettuccini is not KETO but I have recently discovered Low Carb Fettuccini Noodles at Lindas Diet Delites. They are overall, pretty good taste wise however they do fall apart when over tossed. I say who cares. When you have been avoiding pasta for any length of time you do not care that it falls apart. Of course maybe I have not found the trick to cooking low carb pasta…yet.
Anyway I just found this wonderful KETO Alfredo Sauce in Allrecipes top 10 favorites and thought I’d share as I will be making it for my son and his girlfriend tonight. I’m intrigued by the addition of cream cheese and I already know this one is a winner. Perhaps cream cheese is in all Alfredo recipes but I have never used a recipe for Alfredo sauce. I usually just throw some whipping cream and parmesan cheese together and have recently discovered that in a pinch you can use mozzarella and the shaker kind of parmesan cheese in those clear canisters. LOL
Easy Keto Alfredo Sauce
Prep 5 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 15 m
“Treat yourself and guests to creamy homemade Alfredo sauce with this easy recipe. This sauce pairs well with pasta or zoodles (spiralized zucchini). You can even add chicken or shrimp. Sauce will become very thick if stored in the refrigerator. Simply heat the sauce up for it to be pourable.”
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground white pepper, or to taste
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Cook garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add heavy cream and cream cheese. Slowly add Parmesan cheese, stirring constantly until well incorporated and sauce thickens, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in salt, nutmeg, and white pepper.