Idaho Blue Spruce has the highest frequency of all oils at around 580 MHz.
Benefits of Spruce Oil
Spruce oil has potent antibacterial, anti-infectious, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antiviral, antiseptic, disinfectant, expectorant, and stimulant properties. It works wonders for respiratory ailments, wound healing, viral infections, arthritis, rheumatism, and other forms of muscle aches and pains.
Since spruce oil positively affects many systems in the body, particularly the endocrine system, it’s no surprise that it can deliver a wide range of well-documented health benefits, which include helping in: (1)
- Stimulating and fortifying the immune system
- Controlling some cases of hyperthyroidism
- Regulating the adrenal hormone to help the body deal with stress and “fight-or-flight” situations
- Relieving respiratory tract infections like asthma or bronchitis
- Working as an expectorant to relieve mucus
- Fighting off fatigue, including nervous exhaustion and chronic fatigue
- Soothing skin conditions, such as dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, and seborrhea dermatitis
- Calming skin outbreaks triggered by hormonal imbalance or stress
How Does Spruce Oil Work?
Because of its soothing components, spruce oil is frequently used in massages, saunas, and steam baths.
Spruce oil may be used topically, inhaled directly through aromatherapy, or as a tonic. Some oils that complement spruce oil well include cedarwood, clary sage, galbanum, lavender, oakmoss, pine, and rosemary. (2)
In cases when you or someone in your family is suffering from muscle aches, painful joints, poor circulation, strains, and sprains, I highly recommend that you use spruce oil topically with a milder carrier oil. Combining spruce oil with helichrysum oil, which is known for its toning properties, is suggested to help soothe injuries to the muscles, ligaments, and tendons while speeding up healing and preventing the formation of unsightly scars. (3)
Young Living Essential Oils, LC, is the world leader in essential oils, with a strict Seed to Seal® process that produces pure essential oil products for every individual, family, and lifestyle. This process ensures that all products are genuine, free of synthetic chemicals, and pure. This commitment stems from the company’s more than 20 years of stewardship toward the earth and its people.
If you would like to sign up to buy oils at a discount click here.
-The Oily Guru
(1) Aromatherapy, June 2002, p. 121-122
(2) Essential Oils and Aromatherapy for Beginners, 2014
(3) The Complete Guide to Creating Oils, Soaps, Creams, and Herbal Gels for Your Mind and Body, November 2010, p. 130