Sweet potatoes and pumpkin are pretty much interchangeable in my world. Orange vegetables are as good for you as they are good-tasting. But let’s not ruin the deliciousness of this recipe by talking about things like beta-carotene, antioxidants and other nutrients. Instead, just save room for these sweet squares. – The Oily Guru
- 2 sleeves graham crackers
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 10 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 c. puréed sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- mini marshmallows
- Make crust: Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8″-x-8″ baking pan with parchment paper. In a food processor, pulse graham crackers, sugar, and salt until fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until texture resembles wet sand. Press into pan and bake until golden, 10 minutes.
- Make filling: Mix together all filling ingredients until evenly combined.
- Add filling to crust and bake until set (no longer jiggy in the middle), 48 to 50 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Heat broiler. Cover top of bars with mini marshmallows and broil until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.