Ever the healthy food recipe hacker, of course, I needed to figure out a healthy brownie. Because: duh, brownies! Getting kids to eat healthily is a full-time job and when you can bribe them to eat a healthy dinner, but offering (healthy) brownies at the end of the meal is a win-win!
Plus, these little buggers are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants! Go ahead, have one for breakfast. I won’t tell. I live guilt-free when I’m eating these paleo sweet potato brownies, that’s for sure!
Let’s break it down:
Sweet Potatoes: They are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitaminB1, vitamin B2, and phosphorus.
Coconut Oil: It’s a very healthy fat; one of the few foods that can be classified as a “superfood.” Its benefits include weight loss, better brain function, skin health, and much more.
Maple Syrup: It contains calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus sodium, potassium, and zinc. Maple syrup also contains the vitamins thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and B6!
Cacao Powder: It contains 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries. It’s the highest plant-based source of iron. It’s full of magnesium, has more calcium than cow’s milk, and is a natural mood elevator and anti-depressant!
Delicious and Healthy Paleo Sweet Potato Brownies
- 2 cups mashed organic sweet potato
- 1 cup nut butter — we used this kind because it also contains coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup — like this
- 1/2 cup cacao powder — where to find
- Pinch sea salt
- Dairy-free chocolate chips (optional to put on top) — we LOVE this brand
- Butter for greasing baking dish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a glass brownie dish with butter (size depends on how thin or thick you like your brownies).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except the chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Top with chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
- Store your paleo sweet potato brownies in the fridge. They will last up to one week.
Last updated on email@example.com