Some of us really aren’t morning people and need a little help feeling energized and positive when waking up. If you can relate, these Citrus Shower Melts may be just the thing you need! Place one in your morning shower, and enjoy the wonderful, energizing citrus scent as your bathroom fills with steam and the hot water hits the shower melt. Be careful though—you may find yourself loving your morning when you start it with one of these!
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 1 cup (149 g) cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) water + more as needed
- Yellow and red food coloring (optional)
- 6 drops lemon essential oil
- 6 drops orange essential oil
- 4 drops bergamot essential oil
- 16 oz. PET Jar
- Place cornstarch in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. of water, a few drops of food coloring, and essential oils.
Stir water mixture into the cornstarch, and continue adding water drop by drop until a thick crumb-like paste starts to form.
- Transfer to an ice cube tray or silicone mold, and freeze until set (about an hour).
- To use, place a shower melt on the floor of your shower, and turn the hot water on. Enjoy the citrus aroma as the water and steam hit the shower melt!
- Store in a airtight container like this PET Jar. Note: If you added too much water and they start to melt, you will want to keep them frozen until you use them. Otherwise, you can store them at room temperature.
April 30, 2016
Young Living Essential Oils, LC, is the world leader in essential oils, with a strict Seed to Seal® process that produces pure essential oil products for every individual, family, and lifestyle. This process ensures that all products are genuine, free of synthetic chemicals, and pure. This commitment stems from the company’s more than 20 years of stewardship toward the earth and its people. If you would like to sign up to buy oils at a discount click here.