Nourishes and Soothes Skin
Rose Ointment is an wonderful skin care ointment that is made with therapeutic grade essential oils. I went into a panic last month because we were sold out. As soon as it was back in stock I promptly ordered two more. Whew! I hate to be without this one.
It protects and nourishes the skin by helping to maintain the natural pH balance of the skin. It also soothes very dry and chapped skin.
What is in Rose Ointment?
There are seven different ingredients as well as seven therapeutic grade essential oils in Rose Ointment.
The natural ingredients include:
- Lecithin – Natural dispersing agent. Natural substitute for sodium lauryl sulfate.
- Lanolin – Taken from sheep wool; excellent for skin care.
- Pure Bees Wax (Cera alba) – Aids in thickening and natural stabilizer.
- Mink Oil – Nurtures and soothes skin.
- Sesame Seed Oil (Sesamum indicum) – Sesame is high in linoleic acid. Helps maintain the pH of the skin.
- Wheat Germ Oil is rich in vitamin B and E, and lecithin. It is an antioxidant.
- Rosehip Seed Oil (Rosa rubiginosa) – Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles associated with aging skin. (I use this on my face daily)
The essential oils are listed below along with a brief description of each oil.
- Tea Tree or Melaleuca alternifolia Essential Oil or its ability to support the immune system and is beneficial for the skin.
- Rosewood Essential Oil(Aniba rosaeodora) is soothing to the skin it is emotionally stabilizing and is used for relaxation.
- Palmarosa Essential Oil (Cymbopogon martinii) also been known as Turkish Geranium or Indian Geranium Oil. Supports the digestive system and is stimulating and soothing to the body and mind.
- Patchouli Essential Oil (Pogostemon cablin) has a sweet and rich aroma that is very beneficial for the skin. Use to reduce wrinkled or chapped appearance. Patchouli is a general tonic that supports the digestive system and soothes occasional queasiness.
- Rose Otto Essential Oil (Rosa damascena) has an intoxicating aroma that relieves stress. It is also known to help occasional discomfort associated with women’s menstrual cycle; and is excellent for all skin types
- Myrrh Essential Oil (Commiphora myrrha) is a very powerful antioxidant making it protective against aging skin.
- Carrot Seed Essential Oil (Daucus carota) has historically been used for digestive complaints due to its tonic properties. This oil also has historical use in aromatherapy for joint conditions. But modern scientific research has not yet validated these historical claims.
What are the Documented Uses for Rose Ointment? Non-cystic acne, aging skin, babies/children, minor cuts, chapped or cracked skin, dry skin, stretch marks, seals and protects and age related wrinkles.
What Body Systems are Affected? Skin
How do I use it?
Apply directly over other essential oils. Or directly on the skin.
Good oil for the First Aid Kit? Yes
Can this oil be used for Pets? Yes. Although I usually use Animal Scents Ointment most of the time since this is specifically designed for animals.
Note about animals: Certain oils can be very toxic to cats. Citrus products and oils in particular. Please consult your vet if you are not sure about applying any essential oil to your pet.
What are the Safety Precautions? No contraindications.
Safe to use on babies and children.
Rose Ointment™ is a deeply nourishing blend for dry skin. Rose essential oil improves skin texture, while Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) works to soothe rough, irritated skin.
How to Use
Apply to desired areas several times daily. Do not use on heat-stressed skin.
Mink Oil, Lecithin, Beeswax, Lanolin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Cymbopogon Martini (Palmarosa) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander) Seed Oil, Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Furanocoumarin-free Bergamot) Peel Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot Seed) Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Oil.
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
‡ Organically grown in accordance with the California Organic Foods Act of 1990